DenTek Maximum Protection Dental Guards
DenTek Maximum Protection Dental Guards
Help to protect your teeth and get a better night’s sleep with our Maximum Protection Dental Guard for Sleeping. Similar to guards provided by dentists, but designed to be much more affordable, it could make a useful addition to your dental healthcare routine.Bruxism, or teeth grinding, usually happens during sleep. Although many sufferers are not aware of the problem, it can cause disturbed sleep – for sufferers and partners alike in many cases. In turn, this can lead to tiredness during the day. Not only this, but teeth grinding can have a significant impact on dental health if left untreated. Bruxism can result in problems such as teeth fractures, abnormal tooth wear and gum recession, as well as headaches, earaches, jaw pain and stiffness, and facial pain.
Fortunately, mouth guards can help to prevent inadvertent teeth movement, helping to protect your teeth and give you a better night’s rest. Although nighttime mouth guards are often bulky and uncomfortable, this is not the case with Dentek’s Maximum Protection Dental Guard for Sleeping.
Product Features & Key Benefits
- A custom fit, slim mouldable guard that is similar to the professional guards sold by dentists
- Patented forming tray that keeps the mouldable material where it needs to be for proper alignment
- Ergonomically designed to comfortably align with your natural bite
- Handle makes removing guard from hot water easier and less messy
- Dental guard comes with a soft mouldable upper layer that creates a comfortable cushion between the teeth
- Also features a strong bottom layer that acts as a grind shield for superior protection
- Storage case protects the guard while not in use
What You Need To Begin:
- Bowl of room temperature water
- Metal Fork
- Microwave or stove
- Microwaveable bowl or stove pot
Step 1: Test Fitting
- The dental guard must be loaded into the forming tray.
- The dental guard is positioned correctly when the top of the dental guard is concave.
- If it is not in the right position, correct the placement of the dental guard before going any further in the fitting process.
- Start by placing the dental guard and forming tray below your upper teeth and bite down.
- Look in a mirror to make sure the forming tray is centred in the middle of your front two teeth.
- Your teeth should be aligned in the middle of the mouldable material.
Step 2: Final Fitting
- Using a microwave or stove, bring a bowl or pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Water should be at least 1.5 inches deep.
- Remove the boiling water from heat source and let it rest for 10 seconds.
- Use caution when removing from heat.
- Place the dental guard while loaded in the forming tray face down in the hot water for 60 seconds.
- Remove the dental guard and forming tray with a metal fork, using the openings in the tray handle.
- Quickly dip it in room temperature water (no more than 1 second).
- Immediately pick up the dental guard by the forming tray handle and carefully place in your mouth.
- Do not bite down yet.
- While looking in a mirror, centre the dental guard below your front two teeth and the sides below your molars.
- Firmly bite down into the mouldable material of the dental guard and hold until it cools to body temperature.
- Wait at least 2 minutes.
- Gently remove the dental guard and forming tray from your mouth and rinse under cool water for 20 seconds.
- This allows the moulded dental guard to completely set in the forming tray.
Once cool, remove the dental guard from the forming tray.
- Start by gently pulling the ends from each side of the forming tray, then working around to the front. It is normal for the dental guard to slightly stick in the forming tray.
- Your dental guard is now ready for use.
Cleaning and Care
- After each use, brush your dental guard with toothpaste and/or mouthwash.
- Thoroughly rinse with cool running tap water.
- Never use hot water as it could alter the shape of your dental guard.
- Replace your Maximum Protection Dental Guard when it has worn through.
- Check your dental guard monthly for wear.
- The life of your dental guard depends on how often you grind and the force of your teeth grinding.
- Your dental guard can last up to six months.
- If you need assistance, email us at DenTek@QP-Services.com and one of our trained team members will help you.